Happy Weekend! I’m so pleased to have recently (some not so recently… oops, it just took a while to write this) been nominated for Liebster Awards by three of my favourite bloggers. Thanks Lauren from Lauren on Location, Osama from Apothecary Travels and Anna from Slightly Astray 😀 Thank you!
Instead of answering thirty questions, I have chosen four from each of the bloggers 🙂
1. What is your favorite thing to do in a new city?
When I first arrive I like to drop my bags and then hit the streets by foot, as long as I’m not too far from the centre. You can then take in the sights and smells of the new place and spot places to go over the next few days too! That’s why I always end up with aching legs after city breaks.
2. If you could pick anywhere in the world, (all expense paid trip) where would you go?
Eeek, that’s so tough as there are too many places. Ok, just one? I would pick Costa Rica as I haven’t been to Central America and I’d love to soak up the culture and the beauty of the place. It sounds like the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation! Have you been?!
3. What inspires you to write?
The places I’ve been and the photos I’ve taken. I always start blog posts with the photos. I look through what I’ve taken and then base my writing on those. I find the photography part easier than the writing part and I also find that the photos tell so many stories!
4. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
Moving across the world for a holiday romance… but five years later I can say it was worth it 😉
1. What is your favorite holiday movie or special?
Love Actually. I first saw Love Actually at the cinema in 2003 and have watched it every year since then. The British humour, the feel good parts and the London scenes put me in the Christmassy mood straight away!
2. What is the last book you read?
I’ve just finished reading The Year of Living Danishly by Helen Russell. I loved it and will be posting about it next week 😉
3. What is the last place you traveled to?
Chile. I was lucky to spend four weeks in Chile in November-December of this year visiting Carlos’ family. It was the perfect sunny get away before Christmas and was a lovely mixture of very busy days and some of the most relaxing of the year.
1. What is your biggest travel fear?
Losing all of my belonging and being left with just the clothes I am standing in. When I was in Buenos Aires somebody had their whole bag stolen from the boot of a bus… I just can’t imagine how awful that must have been!
2. What is one thing you must bring with you when you travel (excluding necessary items like electronics/clothes. Like for me, this is my teddy bear).
A travel journal to record all the big and little moments, especially all the details that are easy to forget a few years down the line! I love reading back over them and smiling at all of the things I’ve written.
3. Hostels, hotels, or AirBnb rentals?
All of them, depending on the place and who I am with! My current favourite is AirBnb rentals as I like getting ‘home’ to somewhere cosy and spacious where you can cook and eat in. When travelling for a long period of time I’d chose Couchsurfing for having a ‘real’ experience and seeing a place through a local’s eyes. There’s nothing like it!
4. What is the most expensive meal you’ve eaten? Was it good?
I wish I had a really great answer to this one, but it’s pretty boring… The most expensive meal I’ve eaten was probably at a very overpriced restaurant, and sadly the food wasn’t good. They didn’t have a good veggie selection and it was dull… but expensive. Ah well!
Christine from A Keane Sense of Adventure
Sara from Simply Sara Travel
Natasha from From Philly to Chile
Roshan Raj from Roshan Click’s
Your questions are…
1. What is your favourite thing to photograph?
2. Selfie Stick: Yes or No?
3. Which wonder of the world would you most like to visit?
4. If you were to write a book about any country, where would it be?
5. Which magical power do you wish you had while you were travelling?
6. Which book would you recommend from the past twelve months?
7. Which seat do you book on a plane trip? (I’m always a window seat girl!)
8. Can you cope with cold showers?
9. Which song reminds you of a great travel experience?
10. The dress: Blue and black or white and gold? (I’m team white and gold!)