As Carlos and I get ready to move to Chile, I thought it’d be fun to get his thoughts on his four years living in the UK.
Four things you thought about the UK before you arrived:
- That British people were polite and punctual
- That people wouldn’t jay walk
- Grey skies
- Urban and built up
Four first impressions of the UK:
- Houses without fences and door or window protection, which every single house in Chile has!
- There are coffee shops everywhere!
Four favourite places visited in the UK:
- Greenwich in London especially the park and the market
- The Peak District
- St Ives, Cornwall
Four things about British people:
- Females don’t always wear many clothes to go out even when it’s freezing cold outside!
- There are so many different styles of dress (for good and for bad!)
- You never know how to say hi – handshake, hug, kiss or nothing #awkward
- For Brits, one pint is nothing, unless that’s for a mid-morning break!
Four British food/ drink that you love:
- Fish & Chips, which must include malt vinegar and tartar sauce
- A pint of ale
- Scones with jam and cream
- Yorkshire puddings
Four new words or sayings that you’ve learnt in the UK:
- Pulling his/her leg
Four things about British weather:
- Sunbathing is a national sport, including guys walking around topless in city centres
- The perfect ice breaker in any conversation
Four things I’ve learnt:
- There is good quality, free education and health
- The UK is really multicultural
- Europe is tiny!
- People are really into cycling
Four places you didn’t visit but you wanted to (or that we’ll fit in in the next few weeks!):
- Scottish Highlands
- A Premiership football game between two of the top four teams
Do any of these sound familiar? What have you learnt about the place you live?
Have a wonderful weekend, and don’t forget to follow along on Bloglovin’ 😀