November has all been about change, and a lot of it. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
Five things I’ve done this month:
- Moved across the world to Chile.
- Got serious with wedding planning. We did all our planning via email so we had all the major things done: Catering, photographers, DJ etc. This month has been about the smaller, decorative details and also lots of DIY decoration, which have been fun.
- Planned exciting things for my wedding guests, who are arriving this month.
- Spoken a lot of Spanish!
- Got a job (yay!) I’m a primary school teacher, and so I got a job here in Chile teaching in a British/Chilean school. The new academic year starts in February here, so I’ll be working from then.
Five things I’ve seen this month:
- The sun, every single day! Yay for the southern hemisphere in November!
- The mountains, and I can never get enough of them.
- A very hot Father Christmas, dressed for winter, but sweating in the summer.
- Chile’s first H&M (yay!)
- My first Spanish film without subtitles.
Five things I’ve eaten this month:
- Seasonal fruit and vegetables. In the UK we are used to having lots of our produce imported, meaning that anything we want is available all year around. In Chile, you get used to learning what is in season, which makes things really varied.
- Cakes! There have been three birthdays amongst Carlos’ family, which has meant three cakes!
- Pizza with a qunioa base. Carlos and I have been talking about doing this for a while, and we finally did! It was really easy and delicious.
- Bread, bread and more bread. Bread is such a staple in Chile, and a day isn’t a day without it!
Five things I’m looking forward to in December:
- My family and best friends arriving in Chile for our wedding.
- Airport welcomes.
- Spending two days in Viña del Mar and Valparaiso (my favourite city).
- Celebrating Christmas with my family, Carlos’ family and our friends from around the world.
- …Getting married!
How has your November been & what are you looking forward to next month?
Have a great weekend!